Sunday, April 14, 2024

Brie and Mushroom Stuffed Salmon




My bestie and I went to a nice seafood place in her city. Everything was very good, except the dish she ordered on the server's recommendation which was underwhelming. It sounded so good though, and I knew I could do a better job with it. I did! And cooked this to impress my mom when it was my turn to host our weekly Saturday lunch. Had to combine several different recipes but I think I nailed it

Brie and Mushroom Stuffed Salmon

adapted from Salt & Lavender and Food.com

serves 4

Ingredients:

1 lb. salmon

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

salt and pepper, to taste

1 Tbs. butter

1 Tbs. oil

1/4 tsp. thyme

8 oz. mushrooms, sliced

1 clove garlic minced

4 oz. Brie

For serving:

- Boursin Cream Sauce 

- The Best Mashed Potatoes

- Perfect Roasted Asparagus 

Instructions:

1. Take the salmon out of the fridge 15-30 minutes prior to starting the recipe (if possible). Cut it into 4 pieces. Pat each piece dry and season with the garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste.

2. Pre-heat oven to 420F.

3. In a small pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add mushrooms and thyme, and saute the mushrooms until golden. Add the garlic and saute for one more minute.

4. With a knife, make an incision lengthwise through the filet in order to create a pocket for the stuffing (do not cut all the way though).

5. Place a thick slice of brie in the middle of the salmon pocked, then stuff mushrooms on either side. Place all stuffed pieces onto a pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.

6. Plate and enjoy!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home