Monday, January 21, 2019

EveryPlate Zesty Pork Tacos


Review:
     This is the second recipe from EveryPlate I have made. These pork tacos were tasty, though they didn't blow me away. The recipe was much quicker than the Tuscan chicken pasta. From start to end photo, it took me 36 minutes so dead-on for estimated time.
     Some of the terminology and instructions on the recipe cards I again found confusing, so I have translated them into how I would do my own recipe post here. I could definitely see myself making these again, but adding some actual hot spice as there was none whatsoever. Due to the poor quality of the lime, I did not have enough lime zest for the  lime creme step and just used straight sour cream. I recommend doing the step as it would probably help make these tacos pop.
    I took the second portion of these to work the next day, and neither the tomato salsa nor the radishes held up and it had a bad odor. I think this was partially due to the poor quality of the tomatoes and the radishes. See picture of how smushed the tomato was, and note the rot on the red onion in the ingredients picture below as well as the very blemished skin on half of the lime.

Estimated cook time: 35 minutes
Actual cook time: 36 minutes



Zesty Pork Tacos
from EveryPlate

Ingredients:
- 10 oz. ground pork
- 6 tortillas
- 3 radishes
- 1 roma tomato
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 7 g. Fajita spice
- 2 oz. sour cream
- 1 lime
- salt, pepper, sugar

Instructions:
1. Small dice tomato. Peel and thinly slice red onion. Finely chop enough red onion to get 2 Tbs. minced.
2. Thinly slice radishes. Zest lime for 1 tsp. lime zest, then quarter lime. Mince garlic.
3. In a small bowl, combine tomato, chopped onion, half of the lime zest, and half of the juice from the lime, salt, and pepper.
4. In another small bowl combine raddish slices, rest of the lime juice, a large pinch of both salt and sugar.
5. Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium high heat. Add sliced onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened and browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
6. Add pork and Fajita seasoning to pan, separating pork until fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
7. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, 1 Tbs. water, and remaining lime zest. Wrap tortillas in a slightly damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds until supple.
8. Add pork, tomato salad, and raddish pickle to a tortilla. Tip with lime creme.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home